Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nebula Nails and New Layout

This design is actually from a little while ago, but I never got around to posting it. I got tons of compliments on it, probably because it's so sparkly. I was worried it was going to end up looking like nail polish vomit, but I think it turned out pretty good. I got the idea from cutepolish from Youtube.


First, I painted my nails a solid black. Then I took a piece of a makeup sponge and dabbed white, then pink, then blue, then yellow polish across the nail in random directions. I just used white polish and a toothpick to make the stars, then painted a layer of silver glitter polish on top to make it even more starry. Pretty cool, eh?

By the way, what do you guys think of the new layout? I don't quite have a degree in graphic design yet, and also did the banner in one afternoon, but I think it looks much better than before. It just needed more purple! I think I already mentioned this a while ago, but the illustration was a commission by guibb on deviantart. Isn't it awesome? I highly recommend checking him out if you want a little person for your website, blog, or what have you.

I hope everyone has a lovely week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment