Friday, January 27, 2012

"Blix Remix" LOTD

Here's my contribution to the "Blix Remix" challenge this week in the Never Too Much Sparkle Facebook group! I haven't had the chance to participate in one of these until now. The challenge was to pick a look from Blix and try to recreate it. Blix is one of my absolute favorite bloggers, so I had to do it. I get inspired by her looks all the time, not to mention she's one of the hottest women on the internet. Just sayin'. The original look I attempted to recreate is here.


...and here's me attempting to be as sexy as Blix, lol. Fail.

For the eyes:
-Urban Decay Primer Potion
-Sugarpill "Bulletproof" in the crease and all along the lower lashline into a point in the inner corner
-Sugarpill "Poison Plum" blended above and into the outer V and crease
-Aromaleigh "Frutti di Bosco" on outer half of lid
-Persephone Minerals "Pegasus" on inner half of lid, applied pretty generously
-Glamour Doll Eyes "Family Secret" on the browbone
-Kat Von D tattoo liner in "Trooper" on the upper lashline, winged out
-Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion black mascara

Lips:
-Avon "Peach Daiquiri" lipstick
-some random pink sparkly lip gloss

I really like how this turned out, but it doesn't look as dramatic on me. I still love the black point on the inner corners, though, that's such an awesome touch. I think it would have helped if I had used some false lashes, it would have bumped up the drama and been more true to the original.

This was fun, I'm hoping to participate in more of these little make up challenges. It really helps you to get inspired to be creative, which I've been needing lately.

Have a lovely weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment