Thursday, October 28, 2010

China Glaze Zombie Zest Nail Polish and Revlon's Va Va Violet Lipstick

I went to Sally's the other day (rare for me) and saw the Halloween China Glaze colors and of course had to get one. I was there to get purple, but couldn't resist Zombie Zest! Since the theme colors of my costume are green and purple, I figured why not put them together? The result wasn't exactly how I pictured, but it's really pretty! The purple I used is China Glaze "Grape Juice."
The mixture of the two kind of looks brownish in these pictures, but it's not at all. It's sort of a dark gold but you can definitely see the green glitter from Zombie Zest. I love it!

I was on the hunt for some purple lipstick as well. (This is all for my Halloween costume.) I would have just ordered from Fyrinnae or Morgana, but I waited too late and wouldn't have gotten it in time so I was just looking in Walmart. I had no idea how hard it is to find a purple lipstick! Browns, plums, pinks, and reds. That's it! The closest thing to a true purple I could find was Revlon Va Va Violet.

Looks red to me! It's a really lovely color and I don't regret getting it, especially for just $5, but it doesn't look like it does in the tube. I was expecting a really dark purple. Oh well. I'm thinking of mixing it with Morgana's Serenity (blue) to get more of a true purple, we'll see how that goes.

12 comments:

  1. I love Zombie Zest, I need to get that one quick before Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color kind of reminds me of Clinique's Black Honey Almost lipstick, super dark in the tube but a different color on the lips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow grape juice is a really pretty purple! i still need to get zombie zest D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mai, I know what you're talking about. I LOVE that stuff! It's so pretty. I like this color too, I just needed purple. :( Oh well. I'll probably skip the lipstick on Halloween anyway.

    Nicole & Serena: YES, go get Zombie Zest! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang that color looks hot on your lips even though the label is deceiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm itching to get Zombie Zest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is mad ! I have va va violet and I wear it daily with my bright blonde hair, and it is a really dark purple on my lips. so strange that it appears a red on yours :S xxx

    check out my blog

    lovecharlottex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is mad ! I have va va violet and I wear it daily with my bright blonde hair, and it is a really dark purple on my lips. so strange that it appears a red on yours :S xxx

    check out my blog

    lovecharlottex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow grape juice is a really pretty purple! i still need to get zombie zest D:

    ReplyDelete
  10. That color kind of reminds me of Clinique's Black Honey Almost lipstick, super dark in the tube but a different color on the lips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Zombie Zest, I need to get that one quick before Halloween.

    ReplyDelete