Saturday, January 29, 2011

China Glaze Secret Periwinkle and Solar Power

I feel like it's been forever since I've written anything on here, sorry about that. I'm going to go ahead and blame school, this semester isn't fun. Anyway, I bought a couple of China Glaze nail polishes the other day, one of which I really love, and the other I really hate. I'm going to show you both and you will see why.

Secret Periwinkle:
This one I really love. The color is cute and casual, and is perfect for spring time. The finish is so shiny it doesn't even need a top coat. I actually took these photos after wearing this a few days and my index fingernail was a little chipped, which is why I'm hiding it. The only reason I took this color off is because my Zoya polishes finally came in. In short, definitely a winner.

Solar Power:
Now, I would first like to say that I gave this polish as much time to dry as I always do. Nail polish should not take longer than 10 minutes to dry. This is two coats. Check out what happened.Umm, gross. The reason I bought this color is because I realized I don't have any yellows. Yellow isn't the best color on me, but I figured having at least one was a must. It was between this one or "Lemon Fizz" which is a really pale pastel yellow. Needless to say, I wish I'd gotten the other one. I'm not sure if this is the polish's fault, or if it's old...? I don't know. I did this in the afternoon and even by late in the evening it was getting bumps in it. Not to mention the color looks disgusting with my skintone. Major disappointment here. Oh well. You can't win them all.

I love China Glaze. I'd actually go so far as to say it's my favorite brand of nail polish. Solar Power just isn't their best. I plan on keeping it to use in designs for flower centers and that type of thing. I LOVE Secret Periwinkle, though, so not all was lost.

I'm going to be showing all of my Zoya polishes very soon, when I can manage to photograph them accurately. The colors I got are Happi, Adina, and Charla. I'm wearing Charla right now and I'm in LOVE.

Have a lovely Saturday! :)

6 comments:

  1. Secret Periwinkle is gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when a polish takes half an hour to dry! Secret periwinkle is too pretty though! Oh and I gave you a blog award! http://lipstitsteethhips.blogspot.com/2011/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering what happened to you! I thought maybe I'd deleted you out of my blogroll or something! Glad you are still around! School can get so busy!

    Love Secret Periwinkle! And I agree, China Glaze does make great polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, it makes me mad too haha I'd expect that from a $1 polish but not China Glaze :/
    Yay! I need to do these blog award things haha I just keep forgetting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I'm still here! I've got a lot of posts lined up so I should be getting back to normal now that I'm used to my school schedule.

    ReplyDelete